4.19.2010

Ecclesiastes 3:11

"He makes all things beautiful in its time."
-Ecclesiastes 3:11


Today I was just thinking about how precious my husband is. I know, I know. Every woman thinks her husband is the sweetest, the cutest, the nicest, the BEST husband in the world. But ladies.. I have him. Haha! I'm kidding. My husband isn't perfect, just perfect for me. :)

Today someone asked me how we had met, and I got to thinking and I don't think I have EVER shared with my blogger friends how me and Michael met. So, today.. that's what I'm going to do!

Me and Michael met at our old church when we were in high school. He is a few years older than me, so we didn't have the same group of friends. Not just because he was older than me, but because he was some tough skate boarding punk! I'm ALL girl, honey. No part of me wanted to hang out with the guys in skinny jeans on their longboards 'bombin' that rad hill dude!' oh boy...

We met going on a church trip, and he got on my nerves so bad! This boy talked & talked & talked & talked.. it was a mean cycle! haha. From there on out, we didn't like one another.

About 4 years later, we became friends on facebook. And since he was good friends with my old friend Kaiti I told him to tell her 'I love her and I'm thinking about her.' I went to the Ark [our church] for the first time about a week after that and saw him and he has just gotten a hair cut that day [before, he had this nappy long hair :)] and I promise you I stared at him the entire time. Oh my, was he a cutie or what!? He was.

After I got back home from church he facebook chatted me and asked me how I liked church, etc. and we ended up talking until the next morning! I went back to church the next week, and from then on out we talked and saw one another just about every single day.

When I was on my way to his house the first time [before we were 'official'] I was talking on the phone to Kaiti and she was telling me how she knew Ben [her now fiance] was the one she was going to marry. I got to thinking and I told God 'Okay God, I'm sick of playing around and doing the same thing over and over again. I want to know if Michael is the guy I'm supposed to marry. Because if he isn't I don't want to go through the routine. So do something to show me if he is. Have my mom text me at 9:00 on the dot and tell me 'night night luv u : >' '

When I was in high school, my mom would text me those exact words every night before she went to sleep. Now that I was in college, she didn't text me any more. No reason, she just didn't. So I went to his house, and later that night he was playing guitar and I was sitting in his room, my phone beeped and I went to pick it up and it was from my mom. Not thinking about it I looked and the text said "night night luv u : > " my heart stopped. I looked at the time, 9:00 on the dot. I looked to my left and stared at my future husband. I received it, and I began to freak out!

Michael said 'what is it!?'I waited until a few days later when I told him, and we stayed in prayer for the next few weeks. April 24, 2009 he asked me to 'Make this thing official' :) two months later he proposed to me, almost 3 months later I married him, and almost 8 months later here we are now :]



So in those four years, God was bettering me & my husband for one another. Every morning I look to my right side and think "OMG. Michael Tomlin is my husband."

I am so undeserving, but yet SO willing to claim this gorgeous man.

Thank you Jesus, for making US beautiful in YOUR time. ♥



8 comments:

Laura said...

That is so stinking cute!! I love it! :)

Jordan said...

That is one of the cutest stories ever! :-)

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

Favorite verse and LIFE verse of Joshua and my relationship... Great story!! Loved eery word. How unique that the God of the UNIVERSE cared about the details of YOUR relationship :) What an amazing gift!

Emily said...

This made my day! :) Adorable.

Anne said...

This is a precious story. Isn't God so cool how He totally answers our prayers!

whitney said...

Thank you everyone! :]
I'm very blessed and honoured to call him mine!

Mateya said...

This is adorable! I can't believe the text message...crazy how God works!

Danielle said...

holy cow! this is the most adorable love story i have ever heard! God works in mysterious ways! i am so glad this is the way your sweet story turned out! how presh! thanks for sharing

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs